Watch our video introduction to the study
Is my care home suitable for this study?
If you can say ‘YES’ to all the points below and you are interested in taking part, please complete our Expression of Interest form by clicking here.
- You feel the study addresses a question of importance to your care home and your care homeowner will be supportive
- Your care home is in England.
- Your care home has 30 or more residents in single bedrooms.
- Your care home predominantly focuses on care for older people (residential home/nursing home).
- You are willing to provide the study team with a regularly updated register of residents.
- You are willing to install air filters in communal rooms if allocated to the AIR FILTER group.
- You are willing to invite some residents to receive filters if allocated to the AIR FILTER group.
- You are willing not to install air filters if allocated to the USUAL CARE group.
- You are willing to collect information about infection episodes in your residents (taking around 2 minutes per resident per day)*
* The study team do not need to know the names of your residents or staff, all information will be provided anonymously
When you are enrolled in the AFRI-c study the study team will provide all the required air filters, for use in the communal and private rooms.
For common queries, we have created an FAQ page, here.